Wednesday 28 November 2012

Canvasses for Christmas

Decorate a Canvas for Christmas

Iv'e started decorating canvasses now for Christmas - you can use them as presents or just to decorate the house with a Christmas theme.

This canvas was created for my next demo at Otter Nurseries for their Craft Evening on 5th December from 5p.m. I'll be making Christmas Decorations, Canvasses, gifts including earrings in boxes and much more....

I have used Artiste paints, chipboard shapes, embossing powders, outline stickers, and hand-drawn holly leaves for this piece.

Come along if you are in the area to take a look - there are a few demo's going on including knitting too.  I'll also be demonstrating how to paint your own Christmas Cards the easy way.

This second canvas was made using Artiste Crackle glaze and paints. I also used some pretty serviettes that I had lying around the house. (I'm a great one for recycling).

You can add any picture to a canvas using serviettes.
After you have painted the canvas  just add a thin layer of glue to the canvas then carefully position your chosen picture cut out from a serviette over the top and add another layer of glue. I used PVA glue - you also need to varnish the piece too if you want to keep it wipeable and it makes the whole piece a little more secure as well.

Happy crafting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment