Friday 15 November 2013

Christmas Card with Imagination Craft Mica Powders

Mid Month imagination Craft Project - "Night Sky at Christmas"

Hi again

For the mid month project for Imagination Crafts I have made a Christmas Card using Imagination Craft Mica Powders and Sparkle Medium.  The Mica  Powders when mixed with water shine and create lovely backgrounds which twinkle and glow.


I painted the sky onto black mount board using Blue and Irridescent Silver powders creating the look of clouds. I added some purple,  gold and yellow mixed with blue for the land. A little white was added to create depth too.

I spread Silver Sparkle Medium over a chipboard Star and "Noel" embellishment.  I Die-cut some swirls and as these were quite delicate I put some Sparkle Medium onto a brayer and used this to colour the swirls laying them flat on a glass mat and brayering the medium over each one.

The chipboard  frame was made by spreading Black Stars Sparkle Medium and Silver onto random areas the frame and left to dry.

The trees were some metallic embellishments I had left over last year. I really enjoyed painting with these mica's and it's given me ideas on how to use them in future for my paintings and cards etc.,

Product used

Silver Sparkle Medium
Black Stars Sparkle Medium
Mica Powders

5 comments:

  1. WOW Christine this is absolutely amazing! I love it!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing sparkle Christine - your scene is just amazing - wonderful work xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Christine, very artistic. Love the way you have done the clouds and the frame is gorgeous. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Christine.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete