Friday 1 November 2013

Imagination Crafts "Glitter and Sparkle" project

Hi all

For the Imagination Crafts Challenge for November 1st Iv'e made a Glitter and Sparkle project using Sparkle Medium.


Firstly I painted this canvas with blue Acrylic paint at the top and white at the bottom. I then mixed some Diamond Sparkle Medium with Iridescent Green Mica Powders and spread this onto the bottom of the canvas to form the grass. I also mixed the Green Mica Powder with Gunmetal Sparkle Medium for a different tone and also added this onto the bottom of the canvas. I scratched some lines into the Medium at the bottom to make it look like grasses.

For the tree, I spread dome Diamond and Silver Sparkle Medium onto white cardstock, let it dry, then used a Star Punch to punch out the shapes. I arranged the stars into a tree shape. I also added small Christmas Trees to the canvas which I punched out as well.

I made small holes in the canvas on each end of the branches of the tree and pushed through some battery operated Christmas Lights through from the back to the front.. I also taped the other lights on the string to the back of the canvas so that they would shine through the canvas like stars in the sky.

You could use this technique with lots of different images to add some bling to your Christmas creations.

Products used:
Sparkle Medium - Diamond
Sparkle Medium - Gunmetal
Irridescent Mica Powders - Green
Detail Sparkle - White Shimmer
Spatula Knife 
Star and Tree punches.

6 comments:

  1. Stunning Christine, I love the scene you created and the lights add dimension.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so clever christine. Really amazing work. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine, this is amazing, how clever lolls!! Very creative !! Love it. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Christine and love the little lights.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, love the gorgeous effect of the sky
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete